PGWP Work Permit

PGWP Work Permit

Many international graduates choose to apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit, which allows them to work in Canada. Post-Graduate Work Permit is an open work permit with a maximum duration of validity of 3 years. Applicants do not need to have job offer at the time of application.International students can only receive one Post-Graduate Work Permit from IRCC in a lifetime.

Eligibility Requirements:
  1. Have continuously studied full-time from a recognized learning institution in Canada in a study program at least eight months long
  2. Study program must lead to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  3. Apply for a work permit within 180 days of obtaining a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI that they have met the requirements of their program;
  4. Have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit
  5. Graduated from:
    • a public post-secondary institution, such as
    • a college
    • a trade or technical school
    • a university
    • CEGEP (in Quebec)
    • a private post-secondary school (in Quebec) that operates under the same rules as public schools in Quebec;
    • a private secondary or post-secondary school (in Quebec) that offers qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer and results in the issuance of a diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP) or an attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP); or
    • Canadian private school that can award degrees under provincial law (for example, Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree) but only if the student was enrolled in a study program that leads to a degree as authorized by the province.

If the applicant’s study permit will expire before he/she gets the marks, he/she can:

  1. Apply for a visitor record to stay in Canada longer or
  2. Leave Canada and apply for the PGWP

road_to_canada 联系我们