Temporary Resident Permit

Temporary Resident Permit

Generally, individuals who do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), or who are inadmissible under the IRPA, may be

  • refused a permanent resident visa (PRV) or temporary resident visa (TRV) abroad
  • refused an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
  • reported inadmissible under section A44(1)
  • allowed to withdraw their application to enter Canada at a port of entry (POE)
  • refused processing within Canada

In some cases, however, an officer may issue a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) to allow a person who is inadmissible, or who does not meet the requirements of the IRPA, to become a temporary resident (that is, to enter or remain in Canada) if it is justified in the circumstances.

Inadmissibility: means there is a medical condition, recent or past criminal conviction(s), financial concern(s), you misrepresented information in your application or there are serious criminal concerns that cause you to be inadmissible under the Act and prevent you from entering or remaining in Canada without a TRP.

Non-compliance: means you directly or indirectly failed to satisfy the requirements of the Act or Regulations. Some examples are as follows:

  • you were not examined when you entered Canada;
  • you did not obtain a temporary resident visa (TRV);
  • your visa expired before you entered Canada;
  • you did not have a passport or it expired before you entered Canada;
  • you overstayed your period of authorized stay; or
  • you worked or studied without authorization (a permit).


road_to_canada 联系我们