2020-04-29 | By 枫路咨询 | Filed in: Blog, Immigration Programs.
The government of Quebec has implemented provisions to simplify the hiring of temporary foreign workers who hold a valid Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). These provisions include an exemption from the requirement to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) if they are hiring a foreign worker who:
- possesses a valid work permit;
- holds a skilled worker Certificate of Selection in Quebec (CSQ). This document is issued by Quebec immigration authorities indicating that the person designated on the certificate has been selected to reside in Quebec;
- currently resides in Quebec; and
- has applied for permanent residency under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Foreign worker must fall within one of the following criteria:
- He or she is seeking to extend the work permit for his or her current employer;
- He or she seeking to renew the work authorization with a new employer in Quebec;
- He or she is a foreign student who has obtained a post-graduation work permit and has a validated job offer in Quebec; or
- He or she is participating in a program under the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative and is either seeking to extend the work authorization for his or her current employer or renew it for a new employer in Quebec.